6.09.2008

Obama's Joshua Generation: Engaging Young People of Faith

David Reports of CBN News reports that the Obama Camapaign will soon launch The Joshua Generation, an outreach to young people of faith--especially young Evangelicals and Catholics.

Obama spoke about the "Joshua Generation" in his Selma Speech (March of 2007). Here's are excerpts:

- I'm here because somebody marched. I'm here because you all sacrificed for me. I stand on the shoulders of giants.

- I thank the Moses generation; but we've got to remember, now, that Joshua still had a job to do.

- As great as Moses was, despite all that he did, leading a people out of bondage, he didn't cross over the river to see the Promised Land. God told him your job is done.

- We're going to leave it to the Joshua generation to make sure it happens. There are still battles that need to be fought; some rivers that need to be crossed.

- The previous generation, the Moses generation, pointed the way. They took us 90% of the way there. We still got that 10% in order to cross over to the other side.

- So the question, I guess, that I have today is what's called of us in this Joshua generation? What do we do in order to fulfill that legacy; to fulfill the obligations and the debt that we owe to those who allowed us to be here today?

Related:

Obama Campaign will Launch 'Joshua Generation Project'
Evangelicals for Obama?
Obama's Speech at Ebenezer Bapitist Church: The Great Need of the Hour
Obama's Selma Speech
Obama's Selma Blessing
Don't tell me I don't have a claim on Selma, Alabama. I stand on the shoulders of giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment